Friday, July 15, 2011

My Lord, My Savior, My...BFF?

I must admit that I am loving my summer vacation and until recent the idea of going back to school put a knot in my stomach, but God has been teaching me a lot recently and one of the lesson is that I have a lot to learn. Another lesson that hit me hard is my insecurity. I didn't realize how much I put my personal worth in the opinion and acceptance of other people. It wasn't until I felt that acceptance become shaky that I felt my entire foundation crumble beneath me. Not only did I feel like a junior high girl, I felt that my God wasn't that main focus in my life and once again, I felt his love and sweet grace poor over me like a fresh rain. 
Sure, I still value my friends, after all, good friends are wonderful gifts from God, but I am reminded that "there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." -Prov. 18:24. I am loving my time with Christ and spending more time with him. He has given me such a peace I haven't felt in a long time. Needless to say, His grace rescues me daily and I have learned to be content with Him as my new best friend. How blessed I am to be living on His daily Grace. 


In Colorado it's impossible not to see His fingerprints all over. I loved spending time today outside admiring His creation. This, my friends, is one place I would love to live. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...that picture is SO gorgeous! I agree I think could live in CO just from the looks of that picture. I'm glad you are having such a great time. You changed you blog background....I like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete