Monday, July 18, 2011

For His Plans are Not Our Plans...

God has a funny way of changing our desires sometimes, you  know? Without going into too many details, I can feel the desires of my heart regarding my future change in a direction I would swear would never happen. I can't say I particularly mind either. I'm just amazed by God sometimes. When I think I have my life all figured out and planned down to the last detail, circumstances change, people move in or out of my life, and I find what I was so passionate about at one point, has completely diminished and the fire goes out.  How can you describe this sudden change with someone who has not experienced the presence of Christ in their lives? My only explanation, as a Christian, is that God has far better things for me than I could come up with on my own and therefore, He has to take my desires and passions and change them so I become passionate about what HE is passionate about. Yearn for the things HE yearns for, and pray to fall into alliance wiht HIS will for my life. I hope and pray that He will continue working on my heart, changing my dreams to fit HIS dreams for me and living a life worthy of a testament of HIS work. 
                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment