Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blessed by Undeserved Grace

I am overwhelmed with amount of grace I've seen the Lord bless me with recently. I know I'm spoiled with grace daily and I don't even stop to recognize it, but over the past two days it has been blessing after undeserved blessing. Last night, a large storm swept through the Miami Valley and decided to drop it's worst directly in my neighborhood. I had taken our minivan to school so my little car was at home in the driveway. After the help of very dear people, we discovered four to five large cracks on my windshield and dents all over the car. I am extremely thankful for my older brother and his help last night. He drove with me, all the way home, helped me clean out the garage and move in my car to protect it from further damage. He has always been one of my heroes and the person I've looked up to the most and I am so blessed to now be his friend, as adults, as well as his sister. 
On my way back to school I called my dad to fill him in on the situation only to find out they had to take my mom to the ER for a detached retina in her right eye. By the goodness of God, he placed the exact right people in the right time and place to help my mom and do the procedure needed in the time frame in which she needed it done. While she's still not out of the woods and the prognosis of her vision is still yet to be "seen" (sorry for the pun) we are blessed to serve a loving and watchful God. 
And the blessings keep coming. My poor car only has liability coverage and we were certain we would be on our own to pay for the damages- money I did not have. A new camera and an upcoming vacation seemed to be vanishing in front of me as I thought about the possible quotes to fix Tessa. We contacted our insurance agent anyway and I'm grateful we did. My car has full coverage and we might be able to get the dents fixed as well. Thank the LORD for His blessings!
I am so undeserving of anything He has done for me. If they only thing Christ ever did was die for my sins on the cross, and left us alone, I would still have reasons to be thankful to Him and indebted to him my entire life. But He hasn't left us. He continues to be faithful and loving and merciful and I am forever grateful for Him in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment