Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Feeling Prepared


So my last blog post was about FPU and Dave- the whole budget and money makeover thing. I said I felt great that boyfriend and I were able to do this now, before we got into any kind of money issues or even money arguments. Not saying we won't have any, but we'll be more on the same page.

Well, I was on pinterest tonight (so addicting sometimes), and absentmindedly, the thought came into my head man, I am going to be so prepared for when I get married. (I'm pretty much feeling like that little boy with way too many flotation devices on. Can't be too prepared.)  I have our wedding pretty much planned out (yeah, not even engaged yet), I know the stores we'll register at, I know some specific decorating ideas for our first "home", and I'm pinning some great advice for how to be a great, godly wife. 

As soon as the thought came into mind, so did a huge red flag. Satan's at it again. According to my most recent thought-life, boyfriend and I will have the perfect wedding,  be married happily, never fight, live for the Lord with no problems, and always agree about everything that has to do with money.

That sounds like the biggest LIE I've ever heard, let alone thought! Alright, I've got to reign it in. Pinterest is great. Being prepared is wonderful. Being on the same page with the boyfriend is key. That little boy is not going to sink. But the LORD is first. The Scriptures say "in this life, you will have struggles..." It doesn't say "in this life, you will have struggles if you don't follow you're pinterest plans..." or "...if you don't listen to Dave Ramsey". It says we WILL. Period.

I am so glad I am prepared for my future. Or at least, the future I'm planning on. But the truth is- I have no idea what lies in my future. Not for certain anyways. I am looking forward to whatever God has planned for me. I also need to be prepared for when struggles do happen. Hide His Word in my heart. Lay a Scriptural foundation in my life and in my heart now.

Because....

We will fight.
We will hurt each other's heart
We will disagree about money
I won't show him Christ some days
Trauma will happen

And those will be the days where I can say "I prepared for this", and grab my Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment