Monday, August 22, 2011

Reminders

Watching the beginning of my senior year creep closer and closer into reality I'm reminded of the things God has taught me in the last three years at Cedarville. Situations from Freshman year have resurfaced and I'm reminded of the lessons I was taught the first time- value people, invest in them, show Christ's love always but don't lead them on, manipulate them, or take advantage of them. I'm still on the edge of the delicate process of mixing all of these elements together and figuring out what exactly it looks like executed. Pray that I can deal with a touchy situation delicately and with consideration. 


Another thing I've been reminded of is to take advantage of the opportunities I have at this time in my life. I'm afraid I took many things for granted the past three years and I'm realizing there are so many other things I want to do, and I have one school year left to do it. Yes, I probably will be over committed this year, hopefully I'll be able to keep everything in perspective and still be disciplined, but between 17 credit hours, two jobs, two orgs, and possibly intramural volleyball, as well as having some kind of social life, it should be a fun year. Pray that I can be grateful for the things I have done, instead of pining for the things I missed out on. 


Lastly, I've been reminded to keep God as the main focus of my day. If I do not spend daily time in His Word, the reality of me speaking love and representing Christ effectively are so much less than if He is at the core of my day. The Word is not only to be respected or liked, it's to be enjoyed, craved, and delighted in. And although I openly acknowledge it's a constant struggle, it's a struggle worth fighting against. Pray that I will long to spend time in Scripture even when school work and responsibilities pile up. 


Psalm 20:7 "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but [I] trust in the name of the Lord [my] God."
Proverbs 22:11 "One who loves a pure heart and who speaks with grace will have a king for a friend"
photo credit: Zach Murphy 

No comments:

Post a Comment