Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Life as a Senior

I think I'll make it a point to update my blog whenever I write an entry for Cedarville. Considering I've posted my first one, it's time to update! I'll make sure and post a link here when my blogs are posted on the website, but mine might not be there every week. It's a little different writing when you know people will be reading it, especially when those people are prospective students, alumni and current students' parents. So much pressure.


Anyway, I'm really excited about the year so far. I love love love living off campus, my apartment and my housemates. We're getting along so well and having so much fun. We just had a photoshoot with one of our talented photographer friends for new pictures to hang in our family room. I think we were laughing in about every picture. I love making memories...it's kind of one of my favorite pastimes.


I'm really learning to make the most of everything. Unless I have already committed my time to something else, I'm trying to take up the moto "why not?" unless, of course, it's inappropriate or unreasonable. For example, right around the time school started, a bunch of friends and I drove to Columbus to go to Jeni's ice cream. Yes, we drove over an hour just for ice cream. Believe me, it was SO worth it- amazing!!! This coming Sunday, I have the opportunity to go moonlight canoeing in Columbus with some friends. How often in my life will I have these types of opportunities again? I'll definitely let you know how it goes.


I'm very thankful right now. Thankful for my friends, my housemates, my family and just where God has taken my life up to this point. I'm also thankful that He is in control and that I don't need to worry about what my future holds. I'm glad he knows, because I don't even want to think about it right now! Haha.


Oh, pray for my roommate, and very good friend, Meagan. She is flying to Bangladesh this coming Saturday for her 10-12 week student teaching. She's flying there alone (for the most part) and doesn't know anyone over there. She's getting really nervous, but pray that her flight goes smoothly and that she will feel God's peace and presence in the whole situation.


Meagan And I in the Sear's Tower

1 comment: