Monday, April 25, 2011

Here I Go

This year, I was/am a target caller for the admissions department at my school. I call prospective students, promote the school and get a feel of if we are on their consideration list or not. It's not the best job I've had, but that's simply because I'm not really a phone person. I've enjoyed the job and really like the people I work with. Next year, I've been made a target calling supervisor. Among other responsibilities, this means I will become a students blogger for the school. Since this starts in the fall, I figured I start blogging now...just for me before I start blogging to prospective students, parents and alumni. I guess that's a little explanation for the blog. 


This weekend, obviously, was Easter weekend. My roommate and I left Thursday for my house and are going back sometime later tonight. As much as I'm very much ready to be finished with this semester, I know that once I go back to school, I only have a week before I'm home. It's been so nice to be home. This semester has been the more insane, chaotic, stressful thing I've ever done in my life. Every time I can get a break to come home, relax, or even work I take it and soak in every minute I can get. I don't know what I would do without my weekends home. 
It's so hard to be far away from everyone I love. Sure, I've made good friends at home and I'll really miss them when I graduate, but those are even few. My family and very best friends are home. My parents and I have become a lot closer while I've been at school and I work with the best friends I can imagine. That's why I love my weekends. I get to see my parents at home and church and I work on Saturdays. Even going to work is refreshing- just being back. Yeah, sometimes it's overwhelming, but working with such awesome people is worth waking up at 4:30 some Saturday mornings. 


I'm ready for this summer when I can work full time and get to see my friends more often. I'm even more ready to graduate and be home full time- not having to go back. Don't get me wrong, I love my school. I've been involved and I wouldn't change my mind if I had to do it again. It's just...I've enjoyed my time, but I'm ready for it to be over. 
There is so much more I could say- and I want to say. But for the first blog, I think I'll just leave it at that. I know it's not the most coherent or cohesive blog ever, but I guess that's just how my mind is working at this point. I'm a "journaler" by nature. I've been journaling since I was fourteen, but it still doesn't make me a good writer. Usually, my journals are very private and personal to me...so we'll see how blogging ends up working out. 


For now, God bless-
Lois

No comments:

Post a Comment